It is almost a week. Hard for me to believe.
The week caught up with me today and I sort of crashed. My energy level was very low.
Even after sleeping 8 hours last night, I was still very tired, so stayed home most of the day and took an hour nap late this morning.
I went to see Joe right at his dinner-time. They serve very nutritious plain home-cooked meals, and Joe always has ice cream after dinner. He waved at me when I came in the house and I walked over to him, then left them all alone to finish dinner.
After dinner when I sat with him, he was very quiet. When he did speak, he rambled and most of what he said made no sense at all. It was a bad day for him. He has the good and bad, and this was not a day he could communicate very well. When he did talk he talked so low and so soft, I could not even hear or understand him. I moved a chair very close to him, but even then he said only fragments of a sentence and nothing made sense.
He is always better earlier in the day and even fairly good in mid-afternoon. But I think he has the Alzheimer trait of "sun-downers", which they get less ok as day goes on and are at the worst by evening. I have noticed this often with him.
All in all, a low key day.
