
This evening my daughter Heidi and I had a lovely dinner and conversation at Auntchiladas. It was the first time I had seen her since we got back from Chicago, and even though we have talked on the phone and done email, we still had a lot of catching up to do. I had delicious chicken tortilla soup and Heidi had some very good fish tacos. And of course, we each had to have a delicious margarita!
I got my flu shot today and then visited Joe. He was in good spirits today and we had a nice chat. He told me he had a visitor this morning but could not remember their name. He has lost his words a good majority of the time, and he calls things by the wrong names. When I quizzed him, he thought the peron's name was Disney. I told him we did not know anyone by that name. I later found out that the wonderful Betty Greathouse visited him and I was thrilled to hear that she had been there. When Maggie told me his visitor was a beautiful black woman named Betty, I knew immediately who that was!
"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant with the weak and the strong; because someday in life you will have been all of these."..........George Washington Carver (1864-1943)
