Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Good news and Sad news

The sad news is that I got a call from Joe's friend, Don today telling me that his brother died Monday night. Joe grew up with both of the brothers and has known them all of his life. This was a shock to me and very upsetting and I knew it would be to Joe also. I also felt I had to tell him today, rather than him hearing it from someone else. I went to see Joe late this afternoon and after a brief visit, shared the sad news with him and he was very upset. He wanted to call Don, so we did. Life can sure throw us some curves sometimes. For Joe's sake, I hope by tomorrow he won't remember this, but I am not sure this time.

The good news is I was able to relax part of today, read and have coffee this morning without rushing, and then this afternoon I went to see the movie "Little Miss Sunshine". I have not gone to a movie in a very, very long time. I hope in a few weeks my pace will slow down a bit. This has been a crazy and hectic week for me most of the time. More good news is that I was gifted with two free movie tickets this afternoon from my chiropracter's office-the best in the valley-Valley Spinal Care at 56th St. and Bell. (this was after I went to a movie, so now I can go two more times!)