Monday, October 16, 2006

New gardenias and more

My favorite flower since I was in college in the 50's has been the gardenia. I had beautiful gardenia plants and blossoms at my previous home. When we moved to the new condo in February, the timing was off for gardenias. But today I found the most gorgeous plant with three gardenia blossoms on it and many more to come! Yea! This I am going to enjoy to the fullest. And the fragance is heavenly!

Yesterday my friend Esther graduated from University of Phoenix and I attended her wonderful graduation party late yesterday afternoon. She was glowing and thrilled to have her degree at last, and many, many friends and family came to celebrate with her. I was going to take all the photos of the party for her and then brought my camera with no battery in it! I took it out to charge it and forgot to put it back in. Fortunately, Jenna became our official photographer of the event, using Esther's camera. She received tons of fantastic gifts, and there was enough food to eat for double the amount of people there- and we had a big crowd.
Esther was radiant in her new "Dolly Parton" outfit- she was just TOO MUCH. And she deserved to do what she wanted-she earned it.

Our friend Tish was at the party that we met at the womens retreat last June, and we are planning a wonderful adventure- we are going to see the butterflies in all their glory at the Desert Botanical Gardens. I can hardly wait.

I went to see Joe Sunday afternoon before I went to the party. He was in good spirits and I do not think he is mad at me for taking the trip any longer. I think he may have forgotten I took the trip, because he was having problems remembering his big party on Saturday even. But he was happy and that is all that matters. I also went to see him today for awhile but he was asleep when I got there. He did wake up when he heard my voice, but then decided he wanted more sleep and went back to bed. He said he did not get much sleep last night. I told him to go ahead and sleep and I would see him tomorrow.

It is so cool on my patio this evening- that if I sat out there I would need a sweater. Yea! Love this October Phoenix weather. It is just absolutely perfect. I had a wonderful hour and a half massage today and am feeling so much better tonight. All is well. Thank you God.