"After winter comes the summer.
After night comes the dawn.
After every storm, there comes clear skies."
And after Phoenix summer heat, there comes October! Yea!
This was a busy October 1st, and a busy Sunday. Esther and Jenna spent the night here last night and slept in my spare bed and Jenna did a lot of "talking in her sleep"!
This morning Esther left to attend her church, and Jenna went to church with me. We really enjoyed the service and music today! Then Jenna and I had lunch at Pei Wei and sat on outdoor patio to eat- yea October! Then I took her home and headed east to see Joe.
Joe was sitting in living room waiting for me. I had him go in where TV was and we sat on the sofa and watched the Discovery channel. He talked quite a bit and was very calm and peaceful. I asked him if he had any company today and he said no. I don't think anyone came to see him this weekend. He needs the visitors the most on the weekend as there are no activities on the weekend. So was sure glad I was there.
I told him I would be going to Chicago in 2 more days. And he said "you still talking about that?" and laughed. Sometimes he thinks I made this up, I think, and other times he thinks I have already been there. He is also very confused about where Deidre is. He often thinks she is here or is coming here, instead of thinking I am going to see her. It was peaceful though, just sitting on sofa with him for an hour, and I almost fell asleep. I took him to his bed as he was sleepy and he layed down for a short nap before dinner. He has someone else's glasses. He cannot find or keep track of his glasses. I will try to get that solved tomorrow.
Heidi called this evening and she said when Trevor arrived home for her to take him to emergency room last night, he looked like he had been in a car accident-he was literally covered with blood. I can't imagine how scary this was for him and for her. I am so glad I did not see him as I would have totally freaked out. It is just an almost unbelievable story to me. He had an almost two inch gash on his head and he had really bled a lot. In the emergency room last night were three other people who need stitches and three more with broken noses- all had attended the concerts at Tempe Town Lake. When he felt the blood running down him, he got away from the area by the stage where he was, which was a very good thing. If he had passed out, he could have been trampled to death. These concerts scare me and I wish , oh how I wish, he would not go to them.
I just finished reading a wonderful book, CRAZY LADIES by Michael Lee West. The preface of the book has this quote by The Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., "The old age law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind...Violence ends by defeating itself."
