Time sure has passed fast. Tomorrow will be 8 days and I "hit the road" for Arizona.
It has been really cold past couple of days but I am feeling better. Yesterday all of us went to breakfast/lunch at Apple Villa and had apple keuken - which we all shared plus our regular breakfasts- fantastic food! It takes the whole morning and into early afternoon to get 8 people bathed, dressed and ready to go. Plus the baby's feedings, etc.- but it is so nice having all the family together, which is rare. I have enjoyed and appreciated us all being together.
Today Deidre, Heidi, Trevor, Zach, Isaac, Emma and Ruth (me) went to a beautiful covered bridge and took photos and then went to a Pumpkin Festival for Isaac. It was too early and not in full swing but they had wonderful carmel and nut apples on a sticks and all kinds of jams, jellies, and butters. Plus much more foods, and all kinds of amazing gourds and tons of pumpkins.
I have now been "to Chicago" twice but never seen or done downtown Chicago. Maybe next time. I would sure like to see the sights there. This time the emphasis was family and Emma's christening and the other time was just a plane changeover on my way to Pittsburgh. Sure would love to see the Oprah show someday too.
It is supposed to freeze tonight and get colder with maybe snow on Thursday- time to head southwest!
Esther went to see Joe yesterday evening and stayed about 3 hours visiting him and everyone there! She said it was hard to leave! He now knows I have been sick and told her "I knew Ruth would get sick when she went to Chicago!"- well, that much was true. I called the home this morning and Maggie had taken Joe to a Parkinson's exercise class and they said all was well. I will be home in time to celebrate his 75th birthday on Saturday. Adios.
