Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Visits with Joe and update on Zachary


This is my grandson Zachary, taken a couple days after his knee surgery. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he has pain but is doing well. Thinking of you and praying for you Zachary!

Yesterday I was at Joe's home twice and he was in a much better state of mind. He was talking and laughing and seemed happy. I had a meeting there in early afternoon with the VA representative and with Linda Bliss who found the home for me, and Joe sat at table with us and enjoyed the "social event" and talked and shared and even made some jokes. He thought it was just friends talking and did not really understand what was going on, but he enjoyed it anyway. He is really a very social person and loves being around people. The good news is that I am hoping and praying to get some partial funding from VA for Joe's care.
I had to go back yesterday evening to have Joe sign a paper saying he does not remember the names and dates (due to his dementia) he was married to four other women, but that he was legally divorced from all of them and is legally currently married to me. When I read the statement to him he laughed. Everyone called him a "a Romeo and Playboy" for having five wives and he just laughs- I think he loves being teased and likes the attention. As long as he laughs and is happy, that is good enough for me. I got there at 6:00 last evening and had to wake him up, but he came out of his room and we sat in living room for an hour. He was even in a good mood then too.
I showed him my book by Barack Obama that I had gotten the night before, and he loved it and talked about Obama, and even told me things Obama said to him the last time he talked to him!
He has a very interesting "fanatsy" world and I always agree with him. His life was far more interesting than I knew-ha!