Saturday, November 25, 2006

Celebrating Lenore's birthday at Auntchiladas

Friday evening Lenore, Maggie and I went to dinner at Auntchiladas in honor of Lenore's birthday on November 26th. Lenore and Maggie are two of Joe's most wonderful caregivers at the group home where he is living. They are very special women and have become my friends also. We had wonderful food and fried ice cream dessert for Lenore. She loved it all and we all really enjoyed the evening. Lenore said it was her best birthday celebration ever.

Today, Saturday, I went to see Joe. Maggie was working today and he had just had a shower and she shaved him while I was there. He was especially sweet and loving today. I think down deep somehwere in his heart and soul, he knows he was awful to me on Thanksgiving when I brought him back to the home. He was sugar and sweetness today and even reached out his hands and pulled me to him and kissed me. It has been like living on a roller coaster for a long time. He does not remember how he was, and it is a new day.

After leaving Joe, I drove to Tempe to Heidi's and we had late lunch at the Wildflower, and then shopped at Stein Mart. It is dark so early, so when I took Heidi home at 5:30, Trevor was just getting home from work at Toys R Us, and I kissed them both and came home.