Saturday, November 04, 2006

Farewell party for Esther










This evening Esther's dept at the post office had a farewell party for her at Macayo's on Central. There were probably 30-35 people there, not sure of exact number. Esther will be moving to Washington DC the end of this month and she only has 4 more days of work here. Her daughter, Jennifer was there and some of her friends also. We had a fun time and I met some new wonderful people, and I don't think Esther cried.

Those tears will come when they have the cake and ice cream party for her at work this Thursday-she has been with the post office 21 years, so has many friends there. It was lovely to be a part of her dept's farewell, and this was my second party today- so was a busy day. The story of the first party is below. It was a very nice day. This was all a very nice break for me, which I needed.