I had a really wonderful holiday and was very busy.
On Christmas Eve I spent all afternoon with Joe- and our friends Martin and Beverly, and Bev's mom, Mildred.
Bev and Martin are visiting from Texas and Mildred lives in the valley. Joe had not seen them for a year and he was so happy, he just laughed and smiled and was so thrilled to see them all. They brought him a jazz CD and we took pictures and watched a football game and visited.
I left there about 5:00 pm and then drove to Tempe to my daughter, Heidi's and spent Christmas Eve with her, Jimmy, and Trevor. Jimmy cooked a glorious prime rib and green bean casserole, and Heidi decorated the table, and made the sweet potatoes and rolls. Trevor had to work until 7:00 and so we had a late dinner about 8:00. I brought a chocolate cream pie also.
Then we opened gifts, and also Trevor's friend Milad and his girlfriend came over. We just had a marvelous and fun evening. I stayed all night there and Heidi let me have her bed, which I did not expect and I felt like I was treated like royalty. I had a very good night's sleep and then Heidi made a wonderful breakfast/brunch this morning. I left their home about 2:00 this afternoon and about 4:00 went to see Joe. I took him two homemade tamales (made by Heidi and the best there is!) and I also ate dinner with him and took him a chocolate cream pie too. I think he ate way too much as he went right to bed after dinner!
I did feel sad after I left Joe, because I would have loved for him to have spent the day with us. I shed some tears, and guess I couldn't have made it through the day without feeling sad since things are not like they used to be, and will never be again. I think I am fine, and then it just hits me, and it does make me very sad.
Pictures are posted in blog below of this past two days happenings. I was both happy and sad.
