Saturday, December 23, 2006

I sparkle with joy and love & it is returned to me

My affirmation for this wonderful day:
"I am a light in the world.
I follow my inner star and sparkle
and shine in my own unique way."

This was a good and restful day which I needed.
I completed some necessary errands.
I lit all 20 candles in my home. It was really beautiful.
I put on several Chrsitmas CD's and have listened to music all day.
I got two new Barbra Stresiand Christmas CD's, plus I had Ray Charles CD's and others. All have been special to listen to.

Esther came by on her way to have dinner with her two daughters, and brought me several gifts. We had a cup of peppermint tea and ginger cookies and talked for an hour. It has been a nice day. And the weather was sunny and great.

Best of all were new photos of Emma Ruth and Isaac, and also getting photos of Cito yesterday, and a special photo from Cano. I am going to put all on this blog.
I was thinking this morning that my three favorite things to do are:
1. reading
2. writing
3. photos
And just sometimes, pictures speak louder than words (as will these I am adding to the blog today)...which is why I love photos so much!

See... talking isn't first, although I think everyone thought that! But yes, talking comes high on the list too!
It feels like Christmas Eve to me today. I had some sad moments today wishing it was possible for Joe to be here and see the candles lit and hear the Christmas music. He would have loved it too. But I am afraid he would not go back to the home if I brought him here, so it didn't happen. It makes tears well up in my throat just thinking about it and wishing he were here.