Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's a small, small world!

Yes, and it is a great big wonderful world too! I just feel great today. Still have some aches and pains, but mentally I feel fantastic! Nice to just feel happy and not even know why.
Today I had lunch at Arizona Center with two friends I used to work with at APS, Brenda and Rose- and we ate at a new restaurant there, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant. It was wonderful. I had a grilled salmon and grilled shrimp Greek salad, Brenda had a gorgeous Greek salad, and Rose had a magnificent calzone. And Rose bought our lunch! Can't beat that! Thanks, Rose!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a beautiful half-warm, half-cool-incredible day! Had a wonderful long visit with good friends and good food.
Arizona Center was very festive and I would have explored some shops that looked interesting, but I forgot my glasses! I can't do much without my glasses.

Then I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things, and once again no glasses. Had a friendly woman in the store read me ingredients! I talk to everyone, everywhere, and it makes my world sunshiny and bright. Today as I walked in Trader Joe's a woman stopped me and told me my blouse was beautiful and she was going to go home and get her red things out! Then another woman (who helped me read the package) told me she couldn't shop without her glasses either and then asked me how my knees were! I told her of my two knee replacements and she told me she has had one and is having another one, and we chatted for quite awhile.
I realized as I left the store-- my age has caught up with me, whether I want it to or not. Now older woman are asking me these things more often than not! Guess they know someone else old as them, and recognize me no matter how I try to look younger. Ha! That's Life! At least I am still alive!

I forgot something on my RFK movie blog from yesterday- STAY AFTER THE MOVIE ENDS- the family photos they show on screen are wonderful! And they show a lot of them! Something not to miss! Also, I realized as I left the theatre last evening that RFK was only 10 years older than me. That was a shock.