Monday, January 01, 2007

Day ONE of a new year!


The day to set my New Year's intentions- not resolutions-intentions! Each year is a time for new beginnings, and I always like to think about what I want to happen in the coming year. It is said that 86% will break their resolutions within the first six weeks. I read a good article on this and it helped guide my thinking in a new and more positive way. An intention comes more from our soul consciousness rather than our ego. Instead of saying I want to lose weight, I am setting an intention to become more healthy, which involves food and exercise practices, but does not come from using will power, but from seeing the desire already accomplished. It's an "inside job".

This morning I read meditations from three sources, and hope to add a fourth tomorrow. This helped me realize and know what my intentions were for 2007.

This has been a quiet but productive day. I did not go anywhere today. I cleaned out a closet and a chest and rearranged things. I talked to family and friends on the phone. I also cooked blackeyed peas and collard and mustard greens. My first day of 2007 was good.
I am richly blessed.
(photo is sand art done in India)