
..............Yesterday, January 22nd was my grandson Zachary's 16th birthday. He lives near Chicago, so hope I get some photos soon. I did talk to him on the phone and he sounds too grown up. Oh well, as I am fast learning, my grandchildren grow up way too fast! (for me, not them, I have noticed). The photo above is of my grandsons Zachary and Trevor, and Zach is on the right. The other photo is Joe and his cousin Tommie Sr.
I thought this week my life would slow down a bit, but it hasn't yet. Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day getting my hair colored and styled, and then visiting Joe. I also had a class last night for three hours at my church, and it was wonderful. Today I attended a caregiver support meeting at the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Research Center, and then went to visit Joe, as his cousin called me this morning and said he would be at Joe's group home around 3:30. I knew I would not get there until 4:00, so told him not to leave until after I got there. We both ended up staying and talking and visiting with Joe until 5:00. Joe was so thrilled that his cousin Tommie Sr. (who will be 82 in a few weeks) came to see him. They could talk "old times" as Joe recalls the old times much better than the present. I also had a long phone visit with my sister, Nancy, in Kansas, so it has been a good day- all day.
Tomorrow morning I meet with a hospice nurse to have Joe evaluated for hospice. She will come to his group home to do the evaulation. I pray he will be accepted into the hospice program for Alzheimer's and we can get some services covered by hospice, plus a nurse to check him regularly. I think it is going to be beneficial for him, or I would not be doing this.
In my class last night we had an exercise where we wrote down what would be true abundance for us in five areas of our life. I had already written down on January 1st my "intentions" for 2007. This was pretty well covered with that, except I added more and just expanded it. Now I have a more clear roadmap visualized to set into action and know it will all happen. I listened to the voice within, rather than using my ego to set my path. I know the voice within guides me to even greater abundance in my life. I love this quote by Ernest Holmes:
"The greatest good which your mind is able to conceive
should be affirmed
as part of your everyday experience."
