Yesterday when I was visiting Joe, I had no more than sat down on the sofa in family room, when this song I Will Remember You began to be sung by Amy Grant on televsion. I have the Amy Grant tape with this song on it and have had it since 1993. It was the song I had played for my son's memorial service that year. I love the song and it so reminds me of my son, Frankie.
I had not heard it for a long time, and I was frozen to the sofa listening to it, with tears running down my face. I cannot hear that song without crying. I just stared at the TV truly frozen, and as the song ended I looked at Joe and he was also staring at the TV listening. I knew some part of him remembered. I said to him, "I had that played at Frankie's services. He is saying hello to us." And Joe just nodded.
