Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sleep at last!

There were two things said to me that “got me thinking” and made me decide to try the clay on a challenge I had.
I repeatedly heard Cano say, “The clay goes to the biggest need in your body.”
And then I gave Cano’s book and some samples of clay to my friend, Jan Mason, and she later told me how the clay had calmed her and greatly reduced her severe PMS symptoms. Her story was very impressive.

I have always had sleeping problems for as long as I can remember. I am guessing that it has been at least 25 years that sleeping has really been a problem, and I have taken sleeping pills since that time. I have tried every over the counter sleeping pill, and alternated between them so I wouldn’t get hooked on a certain one. But over the years I had narrowed it down to blue gel Unisoms, also the tiny light blue Unisom pill, and Benadryl. I also had taken pain pills for a long time to help me sleep, and had even taken Ambien. I liked Ambien at first, and then it began to make me feel like I was drunk every morning when I woke up. Once I was so dizzy tht I fell and hurt myself, so I stopped taking Ambien. I would skip nights taking the pills, so they would work more effectively when I went back to them. Those nights I would be awake until at least 3:00-4:00 am, or I would sleep a couple hours and then stay awake the rest of the night. Many days I had to cancel appointments, lunches and other things planned, as I did not trust myself to drive safely when I had so little sleep. When I did get to sleep, I slept until late morning or noon if it was possible. Otherwise, I was just tired all day. Having this sleeping pattern, I had very little normal day time and never wanted anyone to know how bad it was. This was my pattern since the 1980’s for sure.

As I continued to think about what Cano said the clay did, and to think about what my friend Jan had told me, I came to the conclusion that if it calmed her mind, it could calm mine. My biggest issue with sleeping was that I could not shut my mind off. I tried all the suggestions I read about or heard about and they never worked for me, or only partly worked. I kept a CD player right by my bed and every evening I played sleep CD’s.- I bought everyone I could find online or in bookstores. They helped some, but never really did the trick. I drank warm milk, I read until I was sleepy, and then sometimes I still could not sleep. I made sure my bed was comfortable and perfect for me. Sometimes eating cereal and milk in wee hours of the morning worked, but not always.

So I began drinking the clay, then going right to bed, shutting off the light, and seeing what would happen. I would not do this until I was truly sleepy and ready for bed. I started this in February and for the first two nights I did this, it worked! I was amazed. Then a lot of things were happening and going on in my mind, and I was afraid I wouldn’t sleep so I went back to the pills again. I was just afraid to trust it, and couldn’t believe it was really going to help me.
On Sunday night February 18th, I started drinking the clay again at bedtime. For the next 12 nights I did this, and I slept wonderfully all 12 nights. At first, I only slept 5 hours but as time went on, my sleep time became longer.
Then once again because of things on my mind that I did not believe would let the clay work, I got back on pills again. I did this about a week, but then the pills didn’t work either.

So, I went back to the clay last week and now for almost a week, I have drank the clay water and slept like a baby. And the best part is that once again I dream! Taking the pills, I never dreamed. It is healthy to dream. I am now sleeping at least 7 hours each night, and I never wake up at all. Now I am waking up around 7:00-7:30 am, and suddenly I have more DAY TIME and I am getting more done and have more energy. The longer I take the clay, the more energy I have, because I am getting –finally-the rest that I need and getting it in a natural, safe and healing way.

I know the clay works for me. I accept this and know I will now stay with the clay on a permanent basis. I like feeling good and having more energy. Yea!

Ruth-March 20, 2007