Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Update on health and more

Today was the day to get caught up on errands and do Dr. appts.
My chiropractor got married last week, so went to see him and get a treatment and take him a wedding gift. He looked so cute and happy with his new spiky, bleached haircut! Then I went by to see Joe for a short visit, and then on my way to get my blood count on coumadin levels at my heart doctors. My level was higher but still in safe zone for me, so I was ok on the coumadin.
The concern today was my blood pressure. Last Thursday when I was at heart doctors, I learned I was back into atrial fibrillation and my heart meds had to be increased.
Last Thursday my BP was 112/84 and they needed to check it again today. They do not want it dropping too low. Today it had dropped and was 98/60, so I need to watch it carefully as they do not want below 90. If I get dizzy or light headed I am to get my BP checked and then call them, no matter where I am.
I still did not learn today why I was back in atrial fibrillation because the thyroid blood work I did at labs on 3/26 has seemed to have gotten lost
somewhere. I called the main lab in Tempe and had them re-fax to my endocrinologist, and got an ok for my heart dr. to call them tomorrow and get the verbal results. I need to know what needs to be changed and what to do. I hope and pray this gets solved tomorrow.
It is heck getting old.(and still feeling young, but having all these crazy health issues)