




Obviously things have greatly changed with high school graduations since I graduated from high school over 50 years ago. I saw that clearly this week at my grandson Trevor's high school graduation in Tempe. My grad gown and cap were black. His was shiny bright orange. The girls in his class (of over 600 students) was shiny bright yellow. I love seeing graduation more colorful-this is a great improvement!
Also, I have learned the thing now is huge graduation parties and almost every student seem to be having one. In my day you celebrated with your family and no big parties existed then. Last night I attended the grad party for Trevor and his best friend Milad. They have been friends since they met in 5th grade. They were buddies in band for many years and both are very musically talented. Trevor is like a part of their family and Milad a part of ours. For Milad's graduation, his grandparents came from Iran, and he had many relatives present to celebrate his accomplishment. Trevor does not have such a large family, basically it is me and his mom, although more friends were at the party and also MANY of his high school friends. I know 80 people were expected- not sure how many were there, but it was such a huge yard, hard to tell- but LOTS of people were there and it was an incredilbly wonderful celebration.
The party was held at Milad's parents home in Chandler (Neda and Oscar-the most gracious host and hostess you could ever find). A great bar with Jimmy attending bar, and fantastic appetizers, plus a full Persian meal- this party had everything you could imagine to make it successful- even great music and a belly dancer! Since my camera was left at their home accidentally and since I also accidentally brought home my daughter's camera and in fact used her camera for some pictures just before I left (shortly before midnight), more photos will come later. It was wonderful and it was so much fun & great party! And all the kids present stayed the entire night there! (see graduation pics of Trevor in blog below)
