



Just got home last night from six days in the Texas hill country- my first time to that area near Austin, and it was absolutely beautiful! Lakes galore, lush green landscapes and beautiful rolling hills. I went to help Cano's friends create a surprise birthday party for him. His 75th birthday is May 10th, but we did the surprise party early. Most of the friends are on the beautiful front porch of Susan's home in Kinglsland, TX., and in attendance were neighbors Julia and Don, Mickey and Jerry, Susan, & Dan and Sara. Mickey ordered a raspberry chocolate torte/cake and it was decorated beautifully. Susan prepared shrimp gumbo and all was delicious. I also had two wonderful dinners in Marble Falls, TX, which was my favorite place in that area. It is is fishing country with all the lakes. I had catfish one night, and pecan crusted tilapia another night. Also did lots of scenic touring of the area and enjoyed every minute there.
