Friday, June 22, 2007

IN THE BLACK

Event: In the Black: photographs by Dee Dee Woods
Date: Jun. 1, 2007 - Jun. 28, 2007
Age Level: all
Time: Library Hours
Location: Burton Barr Central Library

This exhibit is only for one more week, and I highly recommend tht you go see it. I saw it today for the first time, and plan to go back again next week. (I forgot my camera today) It is wonderful, and well worth your time. I had only seen her photos of Africa, but these are all of black businesses and mostly in the valley. It is a great exhibit and I totally enjoyed it.
Dee Dee also has a website I am recommending. It is : www.deedeedidit.com If you ever need a caterer, this is your source! I am also highly recommending her catering business as well as her photography! Check this out. You will be glad you did!
I spent the entire afternoon today at the Phoenix Main Library. What a wonderful afternoon. If you have never been there, or have not been there for awhile, I suggest you spend some time there. What an amazing place!
I spent most of the afternoon on the 5th floor. The building has glass all around it and you can see the entire valley. It is the most gorgeous place to spend an afternoon! Incredibly comfortable desks, seating and individual lighting for each work space. You can take off your shoes and spread your books and papers all over and really focus on what you need to do (with a few peaks at the view now and then).
Lots of computers to use too, and all very spacious and beautiful. I got so much accomplished today I was amazed. I will go back each week and am looking forward to it!
I will have some photos of the library and exhibit soon.