So much happens in my life, I can hardly keep up with it. I have never had a boring, uneventful life, and for me that is a good thing. The most wonderful thing happened today as well. I knew the answer to my daily prayers would come, it always does.
Yesterday I had lunch with three friends at Auntchiladas- three sisters, Ruthie, Jan,and Sharon. Sharon asked me (or started to ask me) how things were going with the VA and Joe, and I answered her before she could say the words. She said, "how did you know that is what I was going to say?", and all I knew was that I just knew.
I told her nothing had happened but I was actively pursuing getting a letter about this in John McCain's hands, or really into the hands of someone in his office, who could get it to him. I had gotten a wrong address from the internet and my letter came back this past Friday afternoon. And the email sent two weeks ago had not been answered. I said I had found a new address and was going to drive to it on Tuesday (today). This morning Ruthie called and said she had not said anything yesterday as she did not know what she could do, but she had called McCain's Phoenix office and knows the woman who runs the office, and she talked to her and told her my story.
The end result here is that I put together a file of everything that had been done so far on this case, and I took it to John McCain's office, and met with the wonderful lady and handed her all my information. They have a gentleman in that office who only works on veteran's issues and she will turn my file over to him. She said I would receive a letter from John McCain saying they were working on it, and I would be notified as soon as they know anything on the case. I am asking everyone I know and don't know, to lift this up in your prayers and ask for intervention from McCain's office to get positive results with the VA in Joe's benefits case. The case was filed last October 31, 2006, so it has been 10 months in its process, and it is now time for action, positive action, to be taken. I am eternally grateful for this opportunity and this answer to prayer, and so grateful for being able to hand over the information on Joe's case today to a real live, wonderful person! Thank you Ruthie! And thank you Sharon for asking the question yesterday! Life is good.
