Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Good news-day 4 was good!

I never know what to expect when I go visit Joe. This was his fourth day in the group home, Villa at Sweetwater, and I thought it would be better and it was.

I knew that today I would not see him alone and it is harder for him to "push my buttons "when others are around. Three friends were there at same time I was, Linda Bliss who found the home for me, Joan Stempski who is my realtor and was there to notarize some papers for us, and my dear and wonderful good friend, Kathy Weiner. Kathy and Linda witnessed the papers we signed. It turned into a very happy and joyous visit and that was wonderful.

Everyone loves Joe and thinks he is sweet as pudding, and he certainly was today.
Linda asked him to give them all a tour of the home and to introduce them to other residents. So that is what happened, and they were fussing over him and he was the center of attention.
Joe is a very social person and he loved having so many people talking to him and for him to talk to. We were all there about an hour and a half, and when I left, I left a happy, smiling person. I also felt very happy and joyous when I left!

Linda came up with some ideas to keep him busy and we shall see if they work for him.
Maggie, one of the activity directors says she will walk with him. And they even talked of planting a garden in backyard, and listening to books on tapes. Maggie said she put one of his jazz DVD's on for him yesterday also.

So I had a lovely day also. Had a wonderful lunch at Z Pizza eating delicious gourmet pizza with Linda Bliss, and this evening Esther came over and I sauteed portebello mushrooms, had fresh white corn steaming hot, and veggies, and hummus and crackers and delicious dessert from AJ's. It was a nice day. Thank you, God.