Friday, September 29, 2006

More news on Joe

I am writing this morning before I see Joe today, and will write another blog after I see him. I had a phone call this morning from Jana, the owner of the group homes,
and she said that Joe acted like it was "his home". She was there this week and had brought people to see the home, and Joe came right to them and greeted them and said "I'm Joe". Then sat down and talked to them and Jana put on jazz DVD's for him. She said the people she brought there fell in love with Joe, too, and told her they would choose her home because of Joe! Jana said Joe was taking Herman's place, because that was exactly what Herman used to do. I remember the first time I met Jana there to look at the home, Herman came out in his wheelchair and introduced himself to me, and said "Don't look any further. This home is wonderful. Bring your husband here." I knew that was unsolicited advice, just as Joe's was to these people, and it definetly helps you decide. Jana told me not to worry about Joe as he was doing great!