Joe did question eating outside and I suggested the breakfast bar but he went outside and checked that we were in the shade and said it was OK; not too warm. We set outside about an hour. When we came in, it was 12:45 and
I asked if everyone was taking a nap. The ladies said they were so I told
Joe he better get his "beauty sleep." Ruth, we talked about a lot of stuff.
I would mention names or places that I knew he knew and his answers made
absolutely no sense at all. I would tell him that I did not know the
answer, or did not remember either. But, we were able to laugh and make fun
of ourselves. He only ate half of his burro and asked me to have the other
half put away for later so that is what I did. Every time he heard a voice
inside he said that it sounded like Ruth. He went inside once to see if
someone was there (I am not sure who.) I am glad we got to visit for
whatever it was worth to him. It meant a lot to me. I got a hug coming and
going. I told him we were moving to the Ranch next month. But, he has even
forgotten a lot about what that is. He used to ask me questions about it.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Susan's visit with Joe
I guess there will be three blogs today. I wrote one already this morning, and will write another after I visit him this afternoon. I am just copying Susan's email to me after her lunch with Joe at the group home today. It makes me sad to read it. Susan is such a good friend and she took lunch to him today from Carolina's, a place they always loved to go to.
