I told Joe today that he has a birthday in 2 weeks and I would bring cake and ice cream, See's candy, and a beer! All he really wants is the beer!
Joe was waiting at the door for me this afternoon. He really wanted to see me. He did not complain about anything and was very sweet. We sat on the sofa and talked. Most of the time he wanted to tell me something and before he could tell me, it was gone and he had no idea what he wanted to tell me. He started many sentences but never finished them. I would laugh and make jokes of it and he would laugh too. It makes me happiest when I can make him laugh.
I asked him if he wanted to talk to his friend "Barbecue Jack" in California and he said he did, so I called him and let Joe talk to him. Of course, true to what Joe does, he never said he was in a group home, just joked and laughed with Jack and said everything was wonderful and he felt great. Then I talked to Jack and he said "Joe sounds wonderful". Yes, he alwys does when he talks to his old friends.
And Joe was feeling good today and he was in a good mood.
After about an hour and a half, Joe said he was sleepy and wanted to take a nap before dinner. Pat sat with us part of the time this afternoon and she thinks Joe is great. She told me "I forget things just like Joe does. I think maybe we are brother and sister!" I thought that was wonderful!
Well, this is blog # 3 for today, so think the day has been pretty well covered.
I had a nice evening also-had dinner with my friend Marie (good friend from Unity days) and we ate at Sam's Cafe at Biltmore Plaza.
