Sunday, October 01, 2006

September 30th-Saturday blog



Even though it is after midnight, I am writing the Saturday blog.
Jenna came over to stay the evening and night with me and so we went to see Joe as soon as she got to my house this afternoon. We celebrated Jenna's 13th birthday tonight. Her birthday is not until October 12th but I won't be able to celebrate with her that day, so we did it early. (Jenna is my friend Brenda's daughter, and she has been my "adopted grand-daughter" for about 3 years or so now.)
Joe was glad to see her and remembered her.

We stayed about and hour and a half with Joe. Nancy, who works at the home, told me Joe had just said he guessed I wasn't coming to see him today. I told him I would always be there when I was in town. He was in a pretty good mood but rather quiet today. I brought him his Arizona Informant paper and he was glad to have that, and I turned on a football game for him to watch. The sad thing to me was that he had his hat and cane by him and thought I was taking him some place. I asked him where he wanted to go but he said he didn't know. Later I asked him if he was still mad at me, and he said NO, he wasn't. THen he said the saddest thing of all- he said the thing that was bothering him the most with all of this and being there was that he did not know where he was at.

Sometimes I just want to sit down and cry and cry. This is not the way I envisioned our later years to be. It feels very sad to me most of the time. Brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it.

Jenna and I met Esther and went to Auntchiladas for dinner, and Jenna was served fried ice cream with a candle and we sang happy birthday to her! Then we came back to my house and watched some DVD's. I hope Jenna had a nice evening.

Tonight while we were watching a movie, about 9:30, my phone rang and it was Trevor. He had called me this morning to see how I was and how his grandpa was and told me he was going to a big all day concert at Tempe Town Lake. When he called tonight, he was on his way home to his mom's, & then going to the hospital. Something had hit him in the head tonight at the concert and he had to have stitches in his head. I talked to Heidi about 11:30 tonight just as they were leaving the hospital, and he had 4 staples put in his head. This really scared me, but guess he is ok.
I hope and pray he will be fine and will talk to him tommorow.