Friday, October 20, 2006

APS 38th annual retirees luncheon

Today I went to the APS retirees annual luncheon at the Doubletree Hotel in Scottsdale, with my friend Jan Maksim. It was very nice and LOTS of people there. I saw very few people I knew though, as many were much older retirees. We did find Bonnie Mirick and she sat with us at lunch and we had a nice visit. I also got to see Chris Frogatt and say hi to him, and there were a few more acquaintances there. Bill Post spoke, and he was Jan's boss. The best thing of all was seeing my "tamale lady" Theresa there, as her husband retired from APS. She was selling tamales and I bought a dozen, so that was good. In fact, that was what I had for dinner (not the whole dozen!)

After the luncheon I went to see Joe late afternoon and he was glad to see me. He was really "rambling" today, so no meaningful conversations to speak of. When it was his dinner time at 5:00, I told him I was going and he said, "you aren't leaving me are you?". He really wants me to stay and has become more insistent about it. He then asked me why I didn't stay all night and sleep there, and I told him I couldn't. He said, "why not? I sleep here." He does not understand and really thinks I should just stay there. All I can say is, some days are hard.