"Happiness is good health and a bad memory"......Ingrid Bergman-1915-1982
Well, not sure Joe is in really good health, but he is doing fine, so I do believe he was happy today. I went to see him and took a new picture so I could change the one on his wall, which I had never liked. He now has the one that was in his bedroom of three little black boys sitting on their suitcase in a train station- a picture I have always loved. Then I aked him if he would like to go eat ribs at the Outback, and he said he would. So we had a very nice dinner and he enjoyed it. I think the outings are good for him and give him a change of pace. I let him drink two beers, so of course he was very happy about that and am sure he went right to bed after going back to the home.
It seems I am spending more time on the phone lately, and had a great two hour phone conversation with my sister Nancy last evening. The good news is that her husband Phil got the job he has been wanting for years- transport driver for UPS. They are really happy about it. And I am happy for them. This evening I had a long, lovely phone conversation with Betty Greathouse. Betty visited Joe this week, and told me she talked to Joe over an hour and they talked about people they knew in the past. She has known him since he was a teenager. She was younger than him and is a retired teacher with a Phd. She knew so many people he knew and they had lots to talk about. He converses best with people who have known him all or most of his life and loves to relive the past.
I had a very nice day today- I slept until 11:30 (haven't done that in years) but think I must have needed the sleep. Thank you God- all is well.
