Sunday was a beautiful, sunny day. Emma was baptized at Fox Valley Unity Church in Batavia, Illinois. There is a beautiful Fox River that runs through the town and it is about 10 minutes from where Deidre and Brian live. The day could not have been more perfect and it was the most beautiful christening ceremony I have ever seen. Nancy Leahy-Jacklow performed the ceremony and Emma was gifted with twelve spiritual gifts- each read by twelve members of her family. I read the gift from Joe since he was not here, and his gift to her was love. The ceremony was part of the church service and was lovely.
After the service we took LOTS of pictures of Emma with all of her family members. She was gorgeous in a very long white christening dress. I gave her a little silver bracelet with her christening date and name on it. She received many, many wonderful gifts. We then came back to Brian and Deidre's beautiful home in Elburn and had lunch and the family stayed the whole day. It all reminded me of how we did things when I was growing up and I loved it.
The only "blimp" in this day was me. I became very ill Saturday evening with chills and fever and was sick all night, and was back in bed as soon as we got home. Had high fever again last night so I was in bed the whole day. The fever has broken now and just have a bad cough.
Heidi and Trevor arrived here about 3:00 Saturday afternoon and that has been great, too. Sat. evening Zachary and Trevor went to the homecoming at Zach's high school, and they were so beautiful- all dressed up. They went out to dinner with 15 or more other kids and then to the dance. Yesterday afternoon they went to another party of Zach's friends-so they have been having a good time.
Isaac's "new friend" is Heidi and he made her do everything with him. When he showed her his room he showed her the bath scale and said, "when you stand on this it tell you how old you are." He is a pistol- never know what will come out of his mouth.
All of Brian's family was here yesterday and we enjoyed having time with them. His mom and dad, Patsy and Gary, live in Dubuque, Iowa about 3 hours away. His sister Chris also lives in Dubuque and she was here too. His sister, Barbara and her husband, Dan were here and they live about 45 minutes away.
It was just a wonderful and memorable day!
Thank you God for letting me be here for this day and well enough to be at the ceremony!
