Friday, October 06, 2006

More Scarecrow Festival fun

We had a wonderful day at the festival in St. Charles. We saw all the scarecrow entries and they were more varied than one could imagine. Scarecrows of every size and description were there. We had so much fun listening to the music, eating many kinds of food as their were tons of different food booths. We had portions of cheescake topped with strawberries, strawberries dipped in chocolate, terriyaki chicken on a stick, potato pancakes, roasted ears of corn, and gyros. Oh, and kettle corn too! What fun! The day was beautiful and weather great, a little cold in the shade. We did too much walking for me as the town is very hilly, but I survived ok. What a lovely town! Emma was fantastic all day- she loved all the sights and sounds and wanted to see everything. And she slept all the time we were driving in the car.
I think she enjoyed the day too. Then Deidre and I went to a store that sells Crocs and she bought a pair and I bought two pairs of crocs thong sandals. Deidre already had the thongs but I had never seen them. Today she bought a brown pair of Crocs like the purple ones I had on. We love them! Before we left today we went to a nearby park and Zach took pictures of us.
Also, Deidre drove me through a national or state forest preserve and it was incredible. It was so beautiful you could not believe it and so very peaceful.
Going in there just calms you down. She put a CD of Joe's (Gene Ammons), and we cried when we listened to it and sent love to Joe.
This is gorgeous country- it is easy to see why they love it here.