Friday, October 06, 2006

Scarecrow Festival in St. Charles

Today we are going to the Scarecrow Festival-Deidre, Emma Ruth, and me. Zachary is out of school today and next Monday, and he has a football game today so has to be at school at 3:00, Isaac is at pre-school today but he does not go every day. So we are going to have a wonderful day. (again) I will write about the festival after we go! I am so excited to see St. Charles as it is a BEAUTIFUL city on a river. And lots of fun things to do there.

I just talked to Joe,and Zachary talked to him too. First thing Joe asked me was "are you home?". I am sure he will ask that every day. When Zach got on phone, Joe said "Hi, Dude!" and that made Zach happy. He was able to have a nice little talk with Zach and when I said to Joe, isn't Zach wonderful, he said "they are all wonderful". He said he missed me and I miss him too.

Today the sun is shining and it is a very beautiful day. This morning Zachary and I watched the movie "The Bobby Jones Story-Stroke of a Genius" and Zach had lots of questions about Bobby Jones. I told Zach when he graduates from high school,if I am able- I will take him to Atlanta and we will do the city tour and see BJ's home there. It has always been a dream of mine to do that. It is his heritage and he would love to go he said. He is most impressed with BJ's record and the man he was.

I have also shown Zach the book Cano wrote, as I have it with me and am reading it.
I told him that tells a lot about the Graham side of his history and he really wants to read it too. There is a nice photo of his great-grandmother Graham on pg. 66 that I showed him. Zach knows Cano, his uncle, and is very impressed with the book. I am so proud that after 13 years, this book is a reality for my ex-brother-in-law, Cano Graham. Made me cry when I got it and I got the first copy (or so he says! ha! I have known Cano since 1959- way too long) There is one untruth I have discovered in the book and am half way though (and it is a must read and fantastic book!!!) and that is that my first husband was a plastic surgeon-no way. He was a general practice physician who botched up showgirls in Vegas with breast implants. We all have an eccentric and interesting history! (it needs no embellishemnt, believe me)
I love Cano nevertheless and am very, very happy for him that his long time dream of this book on healing clay therpy is a reality!