The first blog I created a few years ago was because of a suggestion from my friend Kathy that I should share books, movies, etc. that I recommended. Things often start out for one reason and then change, and the blog soon became a true journal of my life as well. The reason I began this blog in Septmber 2006 was to share information about my husband. I was getting email and calls wanting to know what was going on with him, and this became the easisest way to have information about him available. I am still using this blog for that reason, but also included is once again the happenings in my life and the lives of my family, plus I am still recommending wonderful restaurants, books, movies, and other places I think are great. That is what this blog is about.
Often lately people have responded that they had never heard of Fresh Start Women's Foundation, so this is to share information about this wonderful place. I began going to Fresh Start in spring 2003, and it is still one of my favorite places. I recommend you stop by their beautiful building across from Good Samaritan Hospital, at 1130 East McDowell, and pick up a catalog. They offer so many classes, I cannot begin to list them. Every woman should visit this place and tour the building. You will fall in love with it, the people, and what they do. This is just a little bit about Fresh Start and I suggest you go to their website also.
www.wehelpwomen.com
Fresh Start Women's Foundation helps women help themselves.
The Jewell McFarland Lewis Fresh Start Women’s Resource Center, which opened in October, 2002, is the first comprehensive, self-help center for women in the country. The Center is designed for women ages 18 years or older who are seeking information, resources and assistance in their quest for emotional and financial independence. There are no qualifying criteria to be met before women can obtain assistance at the center.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Phone and Fax
Phone: (602) 252-8494Fax: (602) 257-9692
Fresh Start is a non-profit organization dedicated to the empowerment of women; women who are facing transitional needs in their lives. They do that through the work of the Jewell McFarland Lewis-Fresh Start Women’s Resource Center. The women who come to them for help are women just like you who are facing challenges that seem insurmountable.
Information/Referral Counseling
Masters level counselors work with women to prioritize their needs and refer them to appropriate resources within the Center or with other community agencies. (No charge)
Legal Assistance
Women can obtain assistance from a full-time domestic relations attorney, legal assistant and certified legal document preparer who specialize in domestic-relations cases, such as divorce, child custody and child support. No Charge for consultation. (Document preparation, $5- $20)
There are self esteem classes, employment counseling and help, and assistance in many areas and for many challenges. It is for women of all ages. There is also a wonderful mentoring program.
Pass on the information and check it out yourself!
I was in the mentoring program for a year, and now plan to become a mentor for Fresh Start, and pay back what was given to me when I needed it. Pay it forward!
