Well. past two days have been pretty uneventful, which is fine with me. I couldn't sleep Saturday night and did not get to sleep until 6:00 am Sunday, so that made Sunday pretty brief. Just did housework and not much else. Today I saw my chiropractor for an adjustment and then went to my salon for cut and color. After that, I visited Joe for an hour or so. He had just gotten up from a nap and was in a good mood. We watched the Oprah show on TV which was nice. Deidre called me this evening and we had a nice long chat. Isaac and Emma have both had colds and coughs, and I could hear Emma Ruth cough, which broke my heart. But she is doing much better.
Other than that, I have been reading- my favorite pastime, of course. I just finished reading Jodi Picoult's THE PACT. What a book! She is one of my favorite authors and I love that her books are about relevant issues, clothed in fiction. I also love that at the end of the book are her thoughts on writing each book and I find that very interesting also. Her inspiration for this book came from the days she was an English teacher. She was teaching 8th grade, had 100 students, and one girl was suicidal. She helped the girl write in a journal and then met and talked with her after school about what she had written.
THE PACT is about teen suicide and is an anti-Romeo and Juliet story where the families are too close, instead of being enemies- and still end up hurting their star-crossed children as a result. It is an amazing book and hard to put down, very suspensful and well written. It is also an authorized book in schools for teens to read. I recommend this book as you will learn a lot when you read it, and hardly be able to do anything else but read the book.
