Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sunny Thursday

Today I picked up Joe and took him to Sun City to his glaucoma specialist again, and the good news is that his eye pressure is down once again. We don't have to go back for two months, so I am very happy about that. After the appt. we just had a quick hamburger at In and Out. Joe is always glad to get back to his group home and get a nap. He did not say one sentence to me today that made sense, but I talked to him and told him all the news anyway, as he loves to hear it.

Tonight I am going to see Barbra Streisand at the US Airways Center in downtown Phoenix! Yea! I was blessed with a free ticket from my friend Ruthie and am going with her and her sisters and mom. It is going to be fun!

Esther just called me from a layover in Vegas, and she also called me yesterday from Idaho to tell me all about seeing and meeting her birth mother for the first time on Tuesday. She is thrilled to have finally met her mother and it was quite an interesting story. She is so high on life right now and feeling so blessed, that she walked over to a slot in the airport in Vegas and put in $20 and won $150! She is now on her way to DC and will be back through here for a couple of days and we are going to go see the movie "One night with the King" which is a story about Esther in the Bible.
Life is good.