We are not held back by the love we didn't receive in the past, but by the love we're not extending in the present. -- Marianne Williamson
I read this quote today on Central Unity Church's website, and think it is so true. We often hear people blaming people in their past for how they are right now, when the truth is how they are living now is causing their pain. Just wanted to pass it on.
I visited my husband, Joe at his care home today and he was happy and joking and doing well. He seems to have adjusted to his surroundings and the people around him, and accepts where he is and believes and knows it is his home. As someone there said to me today, "he is such a wonderful mild mannered man and always nice to everyone." He always wants to answer the door, and answer the telephone, and also is very caring about the other residents and wants to help them. I give thanks every day that he is who he is and how he has made such a major imprint on my life and really taught me by just being who he is.
I think all who know him are blessed.
