Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Gift of Love

This morning after church services, a man handed me a card with a poem he had written on it.

I agree today to be the gift of Love. I agree to feel deeply for others, independent of anything they are expressing, saying, or doing. I agree to allow Love as I know it, to embrace my whole body and then to just send it to them silently and secretly. I agree to feel it, breathe it into every cell of my body on each in-breath and on each out-breath exhale any feeling unlike Love. I will repeat this breathing process multiple times until I feel it fully and completely. Then consciously amplify it to others as the gift of Love. This is my secret agreement-no one else has to know it.
visit blog: www.TheGiftofLove.com
May be reproduced in totality for any peaceful purpose without financial gain. All rights reserved. Jerome De Shazo, D.D., M.B.A., M.C.C.

Isn't this a wonderful thing to do and to give to others? I am sure the man would not mind that I have passed this on. In fact, I am sure it was what he would have wanted me to do.

I had a most lovely and wonderful dinner this evening with my daughter, Heidi. She met me this afternoon at Joe's home and we visited with Joe. He was good today. I was there about 45 minutes before Heidi came, and I turned on the football game for him again. He does not watch it the way he used to, but likes when I turn it on. After our visit with him, Heidi and I went to Claim Jumper and had a delicious meal and visit. It was a very wonderful day today. I so much loved church services and the the afternoon with Joe, and the evening with Heidi. Thank you, God.