Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Hanukkah lunch!




My very dear friend, Kathy Weiner and I had a WONDERFUL lunch at Auntchiladas today. You can tell, I go there a LOT, but it was Kathy's first time. She has heard me raving about it for so long, she wanted to eat there...and she LOVED it!!!!! She had tortilla soup (which she pronounced as excellent) and my favorite, green corn tamale with green sauce (she loved it too). We ate, exchanged gifts, and talked and talked. It was a great Hanukka lunch!
After lunch I went to visit Joe, and had a very nice time with him this afternoon also. He was in his usual good mood, and enjoyable to be with. It is nice to see him laughing and smiling and know he is well cared for and happy. He told me today, "this place gets better all the time and it is always so clean!" (which is true) We are blessed to have found this wonderful home for him.
We watched TV for awhile and then visited with another resident, Pat. Her hands are always cold, so I told her I would buy her some mittens! And I bought some red ones for her after I left and will take them to her this week. She is so cute.