Email sent to me by my friend Kathy W. on December 18, 2006
This is the best Christmas gift I could ever have received and it made me cry. I am keeping it, as on the days when I feel my life is meaningless, I can read this and know I may not be the person I want to be all the time, but I am OK. I have only seen Kathy’s husband, Allen, three times In about 3 years or more, and all were brief times as he only really knows me through her. So I find this amazing and it reminds me of the book “Five People You Meet in Heaven.”
A quick story for you:
Today we went really early (7:30 am) to Target to try to get a WII, the new Nintendo game that they are selling weirdly. They sell a few at each store each day and people are lining up. The first person got toTarget at 12:30 am so we were way late! Anyhow, inside the store, we talked to the woman who was 7th in line. She was obviously someone's grandmother and she was beaming with her purchase. Allen told her she was really nice to wait in line since 3:45 am for the game. I told her she must really love someone to do that and she smiled. On the way home, I asked Allen if he knew anyone who loved someone else enough to wait in line for a gift like that. After thinking for a few minutes, he said he knew only one person that would do that --- You! He saidfrom what he knows of you that you are unselfish enough to do that for someone you love. I told him you went in on an xbox 360 for Trevor. Anyhow, wanted to tell you that.
Love, Kathy
