I had a nice visit with Joe today and took him a new purple sweater to wear to his holiday party on Friday evening and to wear on Christmas. I also took him some peanut M &M's which he enjoys eating. Lenor, the mgr., asked me if Joe had a brother and I told her no. She said some man called him and he told her it was his brother. We asked him who called him and he didn't know. He doesn't do well with phone calls, and never seems to know who called him.
I told him I was having lunch with Beverly (who lives in Texas and is in town) and Esther (who lives in DC and is here also) and another friend tomorrow at Auntchiladas and then they were coming to my house for dessert, so I was making a chocolate cake today. He looked at me funny, and said he wanted to be there, and then he said, " I forget sometimes I can't go, because I am disabled. I just forget I am disabled." I told him it was just for the "girls" anyway, and we would do a lunch another day.
Then as I was leaving I said I would see him on Friday afternoon, and take him to the holiday party. He said, "what day is today?" I told him Wednesday and knew he was going to ask me what about Thursday. I think he is starting to figure out I am not coming every day, but every other day, but he is still not sure on it. When I got there today he said to me, "where have you been? in Alabama?" I told him I stayed home yesterday and baked and did laundry, etc. And he said "I was just teasing".
I gave Pat her red mittens and put them on her hands for her-she was just delighted. She has been very confused too. I took her a chocolate Santa today and she tried to pay me for it. I told her it was a gift. Then she said, "I think they are trying to get rid of me." I told her everyone loved her and no one was trying to get rid of her. I found out later she thinks because Leslie died this past weekend and Frances died a couple weeks ago, that they are killing people and she is next! It is so sad, the confusion and distress. I always try to encourage her and let her know we all love her. I even got Lou to speak to me today and it was the first time. Even Joe was amazed and said "how did you do that? He never talks to me!" I found out he and 2 others there are diabetics, so had to buy something to put in there gift bags and take the candy out. I am taking the bags over there on Christmas. (for each resident) It is always interesting when I vist and I learn something every time.
