Friday, January 12, 2007

Carmens' birthday and we celebrated!




I would never miss celebrating Carmen's 67th birthday and just glad she survived cancer and chemo and is here! Her birthday is in 3 more days but we celebrated with lunch today. Our neighbor, Kathy celebrated with us, and then after eating a delicious lunch at the Bamboo Hut, we all went to see Joe. Kathy is the one who has been cutting Joe's hair for years and she adores him. So Joe got a haircut and a visit today, even though he had just gone down for his nap and was not happy at first being awakened. We had a nice time together today. And Carmen's hair is growing back in and she looks so cute- I love the way her hair is right now!! She sure as heck does not look 67!!
After this event and visit, I went for another accupuncture appointment and was also injected after the treatment in my low back and both hips and thighs with a homeopathic anti-inflammatory. I know this is helping me get through this. I waited too long to get the massages and accupuncture and have learned a lesson.
I did not learn until 10:30 tonight that my dear friends, Ruthie, Jan, and Sharon's mother made her transition at 6:35 this morning. I am sad for the family as they will miss her, but happy for Ann (the mother) for her to be out of pain and with Spirit. I have known this family since 1968 and I will also miss Ann. Farewell and blessings to you, Ann. You were much loved.