Saturday, January 06, 2007

First Friday Arts Event

I had an interesting evening on Friday evening (yesterday) at the Wellness Community (Cancer Support Center). My friend Jill, who I met at Wellness Community in the fall of 2005, had a display table for the event and asked me to come there. I was glad I did, as I enjoyed the time I was there. It was from 7:00-9:00 pm indoors and there were several artists there, with beautiful watercolors and oils, as well as Jill's area which was her creation of unusual "soft rag dolls" and "paper bag" friendship gifts. There was also a table of handmade cards, and I met Heather, who made the cards and she encouraged me to come to the cardmaking classes at the center. I have been wanting to learn to make cards and so I plan to attend at the end of January and in February also. Her cards were wonderful and it was such fun looking at all of them. Jill was also asked last night to teach the paper bag craft and when she does, I will go to her class. I only made the one bag craft in 2005 and need to be refreshed on how to do them. I was too busy with moving last year to follow up making more bag gifts, but I was interested even then in doing so.

I also visited Joe today and he was looking very good. He was just freshly shaved and was nicely dressed and looked great. I plan tomorrow to see him again and we are going to go out to dinner.

I have had an odd week as I could not do a lot because of hip and leg pain since Monday evening. My right hip became misaligned and created much pain for me this week. I finally had to get accupuncture treatment on Wednesday and it has really helped, and I am better each day. I am thankful for that!
After so much rain last week, I finally decided to get my car washed yesterday, and then it rained two hours later! It still looks better than it did, so glad I got it washed. I have done a lot of things around the house this week and it has been a nice week. Life is Good.