Thursday, January 04, 2007

Knowing my true Source for everything

This story has been repeated many times in my life and in various ways, but this is my story today. It is always enlightening to see how creative God is- as if I didn't already know that truth!

Last night I was checking my bank account online to see what checks had cleared and how much money I had available this month. For a moment I got dis-heartened by the very low amount that would be left in my account after all bills were paid and all expenses taken care of. I knew I needed extra funds this month as have a grandson who is turning 16, and I am having company in my home for 5 days this month, plus several Dr. and medical appts. for both Joe and I in January (more than usual). In fact, there were several unexpected payments, and at times figuring it all out becomes over-whelming to me, as it did last night.

But instead of feeling depressed any longer or wondering how I was going to do this month, I just stopped and said " God, you know what I need. I need $--- more to be able to manage my finances this month. I know you have ALWAYS taken care of me and provided what I needed. I KNOW you are the source of all my good, including my money. I give thanks now knowing this money will come to me."

"Something" (my inner voice, which is Spirit) said look in your billfold. I pulled it out of my purse and saw the $46.00 in cash in it that I already knew was there. Then it came to me to look in other side of my new billfold (it has 2 zippers) and I looked into sort of a secret pocket and there was the exact money I had just asked God for. I did not even know it was there, and was totally shocked when I pulled it out! I began saying "thank you, thank you God" as you can well imagine. God has never failed me and I know SHE never will!!

I have these things happen all the time to me. I haven't always shared them, except with maybe a clsoe friend like Esther, as am not sure everyone would understand. But I am going to do this when it feels right from now on.
It is testimony to the wondrous blessings of Spirit! Thank you God!
I know I am richly blessed.