Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One heck of a week so far

I need time to breathe, and I need time to rest. Maybe this weekend!
It has been one appointment after another, and many errands.
Yesterday I did go to a card making class for a couple of hours at the Wellness Community center for cancer support. I made two cards- one is a happy 50th birthday card for my friend, Jean Wong, who died from cancer at age 49 last summer. There is going to be a 50th birthday party and memorial for her on February 23rd and every friend is creating a card for her and they will all be hung on a wall.
The other card I made was a St. Patrick's day card I am saving to send my grand-daughter, Emma Ruth. It is very cute!
After the class, since I was in the neighborhood, I stopped by one of Joe's friends home and visited with him and saw his newly remodeled kitchen.
It has rained almost all day yestrday and today. And I do not like driving in rain, and I have done a lot of it this week.
Today I saw my oncologist for my six month check in, and was diagnosed (and very surprised about this) with atrial fibrillation. My BP was great- 124/70, but my heart rate was 130 and very irregular. I am scheduled for an EKG in the morning. I knew the heavy thyroid dosages I have had to take could hurt my heart, I just never expected it to happen. I have been on very high dosages since last September.
So after I take Joe to his glaucoma doctor in Sun City tomorrow, I will call my endocrinologist. I am immediately reducing my thyroid dosages though even before I talk to him. Then he can get me on right dosage. I am grateful this is reversible for me. Thank you, God.