Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Weekend (Happy Feet)


To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes


I had a much needed break this past weekend and flew to Oklahoma City for three days. Place of my home and roots, college days, good stuff. It was fun and relaxing and very enjoyable.

I re-visted the Oklahoma City bombing of 1995 Memorial, which it was my 4th time to that spot. I saw it 2 weeks after the bombing, again a few years later and visted the wall of hope, and then this is 2nd time to visit the finished memorial. Always a solemn but breath taking experience. Then had a wonderful lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse in Bricktown. A delightful and charming place.

Spent time with a good friend and had a wonderful time. Also visited two fantastic restaurants. I only wanted seafood so one night went to Trapper's and had grilled rainbow trout, and then the second night went to Charleston's and had delicious grilled talapia over rice, with a good salad. Also at Trapper's had another great salad and the most delightful side dish ever- mini stuffed squash (stuffed with squash and spinach)-this was yummy. It snowed the day before I got there but all three days there the skies were clear and sun shining and cold but not too cold. Only thing I have a challenge with in Oklahoma is the wind. I experienced that more than I desired at the Memorial, but survived it. I did a lot of walking and that was good for me. Didn't gain any weight and maintained the loss I had. It was all good. Thank you, God.
(pic of me with my purple hair highlight at Bricktown)