Friday, February 09, 2007

A wonderful day...a wonderful report

I saw the cardiologists at Heart Care this morning, I am to have an echo cardiogram done next week and then a couple weeks after that, another consultation with them. The really good news is that after another EKG was done this morning, it showed that the atrial fibrillation is gone. Yea! Yea! Yea!
Cutting the thyroid meds in half worked for sure. As of tomorrow I start a new dosage on thyroid which is less than I was taking but taking more than I have this week. My new dosage will be 0.175. The doctors won't let me go to water aerobics classes though until after the consultation in 3 weeks. I also have to start taking a drug for my heart to lower blood pressure and slow down the heart rate (Toprol), and cut my blood pressure meds in half. I am thrilled this was all reversible! And also grateful I saw my oncologist last week and this was caught now rather than more damage being done.
I had a very good day- went to my chiropractor this afternoon, and then went to get a massage.
I did stop by to see Joe this afternoon but he was asleep, so I didn't have them wake him.
It was a very good day.