Thursday, February 08, 2007

Update for today (on me)

My thyroid RX got changed today by the endocrinologist even though I do not see cardiologist until tomorrow morning, and I have to get new blood tests done in 7-8 weeks, They are going to watch it closely. I am actually too low in what I am taking this week and knew that, because when I do not have enough thyroid dosage, my eyelids are swollen and they have been this week, which means I am holding fluids, and that affects my weight too. So although I have not gained, I have not lost either.
I I get ok from cardiologist, and feel I will, then I can start water aerobics classes and get correct dosage going, and that will help the weight issue also. (and the swelling)
My thyroid has become very touchy after all the damage radiation did to it.

I took Joe to the ear Dr. today, but was able to get him back to his home on time for lunch. Can't handle taking him to lunch by myself again as he has so many difficulties eating anymore.
Then I hung around his home so I could meet the new hospice nurse, and I really like her. We had a very nice talk. She said she does not understand why he is on hospice, and I told her that is because you have just seen him. You have not seen the deterioration that occured in past four months. She is young and I think Italian and has hair almost same color as Heidi and fixed the way Heidi's hair often is. She told me sometimes Joe thinks she is his daughter. I could certainly understand why. Not that she really looks like Heidi, but the hair and age is similar. She asked me if he still knew who I was. He does, but we aren't sure anymore he knows everyone who comes to see him. You can clearly tell when he does remember though, and he remembers most people still.

Since I only got 3-4 hours sleep last night, I am "dragging" today. Have tried to read and take a nap but things and the phone wake me up. It is ok. Maybe I will sleep good tonight.
I did manage to get to Costco today and buy Turbo Tax-yuk! Just means I have to start on taxes. Next week-not now!