Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cheesecake Factory-is eat all we do?

Nancy's daughter Kim said that all our photos are about eating and she asked, "is that all you guys do?" No, that just seems to be when the pics are taken though!
And after saying all that, last evening (Tuesday) Nancy and I went to Cheesecake Factory and had a delicious dinner with Ruthie Dryjanski and Jan Maksim, my two very dear friends. We had an absolutely wonderful visit and a very good time. And... I didn't even remember to take any photos!

The other good news from yesterday is on my blood count. I have to triple my base PT/INR taken the day before I began coumadin, and as of yesterday I had doubled it, so I do not have to go back for another blood count for two weeks. Yea! I accidentally cut my finger on Sunday, so knew I was bleeding more freely, and was glad to get the good news. They did increase my coumadin dosages, but that is ok.
I am getting adjusted to this and learning to live with it. I still have days and times I do not feel good from it and have periods of time I have a very irregular heart rate, but when that happens I just lay down and take it easy. I plan to go right on with my life and what I want to do. And today was a very good day and I have felt great all day! I have learned I must get 8 hours sleep every night or I have challenges the next day.

Today Nancy and I went to get Joe and took him to lunch and we had a very nice time with him. It is so much easier to do this when I have another person with me to help do this. Then we took him to Kathy Sczeci's home so she could give him a haircut. She is my neighbor from the neighborhood I moved from a year ago, and she has been cutting Joe's hair for years, and she calls Joe her "sweetie pie". She is always thrilled to see him and he hugs her and she loves him very much. After that we took him back to his group home so he could take a nap, and Nancy and I cleaned out the winter clothes from his closet there and packed them away in boxes. He was sleeping soundly when we left.

I think it was in the 80's today or close to it, really warmed up this week, and is to be even warmer next week. Very lovely weather. It has been a good week. For that I am grateful.