Saturday, March 03, 2007

Payson day trip and cooler weather


This morning about 8:30 Nancy, Heidi and I went to Payson, which is less than a couple hours north of Phoenix about 4000-4500 ft. elevation. Sun was shining and very nice day in Phoenix (72 degrees yeterday) but much cooler and very windy in Payson. In fact, to me it was COLD. It had been 18 degrees there this morning and when we left there this afternoon it was 44 degrees. We had a wonderful breakfast at the Bee Line Cafe, and then explored some antique and gift shops and had fun doing that, then headed a bit farther north to Pine and Strawberry. In Pine we explored one antique shop and art gallery, so had fun there too. We decided to come on back to Phoenix and got home just before 4:00 this afternoon. It was a nice day and we enjoyed it. I bought several gifts for birthdays coming up and my favorite was a very beautiful pink and white dress for Emma Ruth's firt birthday in July.

Yesterday Nancy and I finished cleaning out my rental storage unit and have moved whatever I am keeping to the storge room at my condo. It took part of 3 days to do all this, but it is done. Yea! Then we went for fantastic massages and that was really great and very relaxing. Yesterday is the first day I have felt normal since beginning coumadin on Tuesday. I had to increase the dosage from 5 mg. to 7.5 mg. yesterday but only do this increased amount 2-3 days a week and go back for another blood test on Tuesday. But I still felt great today and am getting my energy back to normal too. I drove to Payson and back and am only slightly tired. The one big thing I have noticed since taking the coumadin is that I am cold all the time. I never used to be cold but now I am, and that is odd to me.
I hate doing this, but am eternally grateful to have found this out and can now do something about it. I want to live, so this makes me happy to know this and be able to take care of myself. Thank you, Spirit!