Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Health updates

I had a call from Joe's hospice nurse this afternoon and he was worse today. So don't guess the hospital bed is working as good as we had hoped. She talked to our doctor and got a new RX for him today, which was recommended by the Dr., to help dry him out. I saw Joe yesterday and will see him tomorrow, but today had three medical appointments myself and was too tired to make it to his home today. She thinks maybe he is not swallowing the saliva he creates. We are not sure what is causing this challenge.

I saw my heart care P.A. today and had my blood work done also. Good news on me as I have stabilized and my coumadin blood reading is same as 4 weeks ago. I am 2.9 and up to 3.0 is normal range for me, so she was happy and so was I. My BP was 112/72 and pulse 64, so doing ok. I have to have blood count again in 4 weeks but do not have to see P.A. for 3 months-yea!