Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The World is All Right

Some weeks make no sense and this has been one of them so far. I got my days mixed up and on Tuesday got ready for 3 appts. that I did not have until Wednesday, and that just set the tone for most of the week. Am sure it will get better- I need it to! I think I am on brain overload again, and that is when I get all mixed up. Can't be old age, right? I do have too many things going on right now, but don't know what to do about that. Just the way it is.
Well, I do know that even though my world appears topsy turvy at times, it is really all right. Reading this quote by Wayne Dyer got my mind straightened out today. "You feel good not because the world is right, but your world is right because you feel good." Once I read this today, I knew all was ok.

Monday I had a wonderful lunch and visit with my friend, Kathy W. at Red Robin in Scottsdale. It was so nice to see her and spend time talking to her. She is busy and so am I, and we don't get to meet in person that often, but we do a lot of
e-mails. Anyway, it was great to spend a couple hours with her in person. We need to do that more often Kathy!

Tuesday evening I had dinner with three friends at Cheesecake Factory in Peoria. My friend Peggy was here from Tucson for a class at APS today, so last night she picked me up in her brand new white Kia Rio (so cute!) and we drove to 83rd Ave. and Bell and met with Theresa and Rose. All of us used to work in Accounting at APS.
It was fun to get back together and have a wonderful visit.
It seems like everthing I do involves food! I guess we could say, let's meet in the park, or let's meet at Starbucks, or let's meet???? Where would we meet except in a restaurant?? Wish I knew other places!

My daughter Heidi recently completed her post-graduate work and got her Master's Degree, so a friend of hers is having a brunch and patio party on Sunday for her and I am invited. I am proud of Heidi, she has done very well, and congrats to you Heidi!

Her son, (my grandson) Trevor graduates from Corona High School this month too, so have his graduation and a graduation party to attend for him. His party is combined with his best friend's (Milad) party, and will be the day after graduation at Milad's parents home. I am looking forward to that also!

And the new update on Joe is that he seems to be doing better sleeping and napping in his new hospital bed. Having his head elevated is helping, at least some. His voice was still not right, so still too much phlegm in throat, but it was better.

I am beginning two classes and will be busy with that too. One I am doing through distance learning and the other is being directed/tutored with me by faculty advisor, Dr. Ann Williamson. So always keeping busy!